Email #11 - Emotional Wellbeing
Coping with Stress and Anxiety Prompted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
It’s only natural that the events occurring in our world related to COVID-19 might cause increased stress and anxiety.
Know the Signs of
It’s not uncommon to experience the following examples of reactions in response to a significant crisis:
• Behavior : irritability, trouble relaxing, excessive worrying, frequent crying
• Emotions: anxiety, depression, guilt, anger, sadness, vulnerability
• Thoughts: confusion, lack of concentration, difficulty making decisions
Know How to Relieve Stress
Take time to care for yourself; these strategies can help:
• Keep things in perspective. Focus on things you can control.
• Get the facts. Consult trusted resources, like the CDC.
• Keep yourself healthy. Eat healthy foods. Drink water. Get enough rest.
• Use practical ways to relax. Talk with loved ones. Stretch. Breathe deeply.
Know When to Seek Help
Get help through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which is free.
App Store: Lifeworks
User ID: thyssenkrupp
We are here to help support our employees through this time.
Should you need help, please talk to someone in HR or Safety & Health.
T: +1 513-682-2077, M: +1 513-836-6122
If you have any questions that have not been answered on this page, please email questions here and someone from Leadership and/or HR will respond.