Email #4 - Work from Home
Effectively immediately and until further notice, BILSTEIN is implementing a temporary work from home policy to help avoid the spread of the COVID-19 virus in the office. Sr. Department Managers (OE – Kirchen; AM – Baumgarten; Logistics – Cecere; SPV/Sales – Albieri; Program Management – Williams; Engineering – Fisher; IT – Helcher; CAR – Guthridge; Quality – Adams; Purchasing – Hiti) are to determine within their departments who should work from home and at what frequency. A schedule is to be established between managers, at-home employees and supported departments to ensure that communication concerning daily decisions and events in the plant are maintained.
Managers – when deciding the priority who can work from home, please consider the following:
· Any employees that are an increased risk from the virus (immune compromised, pregnant, etc.)
· Employees with care giver obligations
In preparation, please be sure that those working from home have a minimal setup in place:
· Laptop plus charger
· Mobile phone with shared contact information
· Operable VPN access/setup and tested.
· Wireless keyboard and mouse if needed.
· Monitors are not to be taken home. Docking stations are okay to travel if you need them to charge your laptop.
· Check Microsoft Outlook contact card to ensure contact information including mobile phone number is updated.
Employees working from home need to be available to receive calls at any time.
And as a final thought, please keep in mind all of the employees that are not able to work from home.