BILSTEIN'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
For the most recent updates regarding COVID-19, please view the “Coronavirus Updates” Tab located in the Menu Bar above.
May 15, 2020 Update: “Start of OE Production May 18, 2020”
From Email #22: With the middle of May approaching we have begun to see our OE customers resume production with some level of unpredictability e.g., Mercedes just announced that they are closing their plant for another week after opening on April 27th. Based on volatility in our customer’s production we anticipate significant changes to our weekly production schedule over the next 8 to 12 weeks. We are informing you of this now so that we all know ahead of time that we need to be prepared to flex our work schedules and assignments with little to no notice. Until the industry has settled back into some form of normal operations, we will do everything we can as an organization to ensure that Bilsteiners are not negatively affected.
OE production will be starting back up this coming Monday morning, May 18th with the first shift. As you come back to work, please be aware that we have put into place measures to ensure the health and safety of all of our employees. These measures are that everyone is to wear a mask at all times, maintain social distancing of 6 feet from others, wash hands regularly and sanitize work areas throughout the day. Please consider your coworkers and their families when following these and understand that all BILSTEIN employees share the responsibility of strict compliance to these safety measures.
If Monday is your first day back to the plant you will be required to follow the steps listed below upon entering the plant:
- As you drive into the facility parking lot, a BILSTEIN staff member will greet you. You will receive a face mask – if you do not already have one – and an information packet. After parking and before exiting your vehicle please put on your mask.
- Enter the plant only through the main employee entrance from the parking lot.
- Maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet away from all other employees at all times.
- As you enter the building you will be directed to follow the green footprints on the floor down the hall and around through the café to get your temperature taken. If there is a line, stop at the last set of footprints that are empty and stand on them. When the line moves, move up to the next set of footprints. Do not stand anywhere else. Maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet away while in line.
- When you get to the temperature reading station, a member of the staff will help you through the process. It is completely hands free and very easy. If your temperature is below 100 degrees you will receive a verification sticker. This sticker is to be placed where it is visible while you are in the facility. Our suggestion in on your badge. The sticker is date coded so that it expires each day requiring you to get a new one at the start of each shift.
- Every day that you come into work, you will be required to get your temperature taken in this fashion before going to work.
Once you have completed the temperature check, a member of the OE management team will review the packet of information with you that outlines the requirements and guidelines that we have implemented in the plant.
Based on our continuous improvement value & mindset, we are committed to working on improvements and safeguards to protect our employees and provide the safest possible working environment. We ask you to support in this initiative by submitting your ideas to our COVID email hotline Covid19@bilsteinus.com and our hotline 513-301-2311 (please leave a message).
We are pleased to welcome you back to work. If you have any questions about what we have done in the plant to ensure employee safety, please ask your supervisor, a member of the HR department or the Occupational Safety and Health Department. As always, please work safe and smart.
SAFETY CULTURE AT PLANT HAMILTON
thyssenkrupp BILSTEIN of America prioritizes safety as our #1 value. We jointly pursue a forward-facing safety and health culture, while working systematically to continually achieve improvement. Each employee is equipped and expected to take an active role in creating and maintaining a safe place to work and to value safety first. Before visiting our plant, please watch our video below.
Every year, thyssenkrupp recognizes select locations throughout the world who go above and beyond when it comes to employee safety through the “we care award”. This award is their form of recognition for outstanding achievements for Occupational Safety and Health practices throughout thyssenkrupp AG. Plant Hamilton has been recognized as one of four plants globally for our “near miss reporting app”, and will be taking home the 3rd place award for the 2019 we care awards!!
BILSTEIN CORPORATE HISTORY
thyssenkrupp BILSTEIN of America, Inc. employs over 850 extremely focused, driven and passionate employees in four different locations throughout the United States: Poway, CA, Mooresville, NC, Troy, MI and our North American production facility located at our U.S. headquarters in Hamilton, OH. BILSTEIN is a business unit of thyssenkrupp’s Automotive Technology business area which produces high-tech components for the automotive industry and machinery sectors worldwide. thyssenkrupp’s five business areas span 79 countries and 461 companies.